Get The Best Insurance Rates For Your New Car
Monthly prices may be written off based on the registered address of the vehicle. The price shown in the Outlet Auto Group starts at. Each vehicle listed is a basic model.
Price matching policy:
- We keep comparing prices for all cars until you know you want to save.
- The value in the Outlet Auto Group is related to being satisfied with paying the right price without sacrificing experience, quality or style.
- We are always committed to simplifying the shopping experience to provide great deals where and where customers want to buy.
The Outlets Auto Group is committed to providing low prices every day. * Then if you find a competitor with a lower price in a car with the same M.S.R.P mark, let us know and we will match.
* The following restrictions apply:
- The vehicle must be associated with M.S.R.P. (ie brand, brand, status, color).
- The vehicle can only be sold through the manufacturer’s authorized dealer, not through a third party.
- The fare must be listed and valid during the race. We reserve the right to check competitors’ list prices and vehicle availability.
Sorry, we do not match:
- Price or on behalf of a third-party broker;
- The price due to errors, match window/lightning sales;
- Promotional coupons.
The Outlet Auto Group has the final decision to match the price.
The Outlet Auto Group reserves the right to update or modify the terms of this policy at any time.
Personal information that we collect?
When submitting an application or registering on our website, as the case may be, you may be asked to enter a name, email address, phone number or other details to help you experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information about you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, use live chat, or enter information on our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when registering, purchasing, subscribing to newsletters, responding to questionnaires, marketing contacts, browsing the site, or using some other features of the site:
- Let us better serve you in response to your customer service requirements.
- Send regular emails about your order or other products and services.
- Follow up with them after communication (live chat, email or phone inquiry)
How do we protect your information?
We regularly check our website to detect known vulnerabilities and vulnerabilities so that your access to our website is as secure as possible.
We regularly use malware scans.
Your personal information is contained on a secure network, and only a few people with special access to these systems can access your personal information and require them to keep it confidential. In addition, you use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt all confidential / credit information you provide.
When users enter, send or access their personal information, we take various security measures to ensure that their personal information is secure.
All transactions are processed by the gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Policy For Cookies?
Understand and save user preferences for future access.
You can choose to have your computer notify you every time a cookie is sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies. Now you can check these this, in your browser settings. Because browsers are different, check your browser’s help menu for the correct way to modify cookies.
If the user disables cookies on their browser:
If cookies are disabled, some features that make your website experience more efficient may not work. Features that make your site more efficient and not working.
We will not sell, exchange or transfer your personal information to third parties unless we notify users in advance. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who can help us operate the website or manage our business or services for users, provided that those parties agree to keep this information confidential. In order to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect our rights, property, security or other rights, we may also disclose information when necessary.
However, personally identifiable information of visitors may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes.
We do not include or provide third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summarized as Google’s advertising principles. It was implemented to provide a positive user experience. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en_GB
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site, but we can enable it in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we accept the following:
Anonymous users can visit our website.
You can change your personal information:
- Email us
- When contacting us
- When chatting with us or sending us a support ticket
How does our website handle non-tracking signals?
In the absence of a DNT browser mechanism, we respect non-tracking signals and do not track or implant cookies or use advertising.
Does our website allow tracking of third party behavior?
It is also important to remember that we do not allow monitoring of third party behavior.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
When collecting personal information from children under the age of 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) places parents under control. The U.S. consumer protection agency, the Federal Trade Commission, enforces the COPPA rules, which detail what measures online and online service operators must take to protect children’s online privacy and safety.
We do not specifically involve in any kind of purchasing with children under the age of 13.
Fair information practices
The principles of fair information practices form the backbone of U.S. privacy law, and the concepts it contains play an important role in the development of data protection laws worldwide. In order to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information, it is important to understand the principles of fair information practices and how they are implemented.
In order to comply with fair information practices, in the event of a data breach, we will take the following measures:
We will notify you via email.
• Within 1 working day
We also accept the principle of personal compensation, which requires individuals to have legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who do not comply with the law. This principle not only requires people to have enforceable rights over data users but also requires recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance with data processing.
CAN-SPAM is a law that establishes rules for commercial emails, specifies requirements for commercial messages, grants recipients the right to stop sending emails, and sets strict fines for violations.
We collect your email address at:
- Submit information and answer questions and/or requests or other questions
- Buy our mailing list, or continue to email our customers after the original transaction.
In order to reach an agreement with CANSPAM, we accept the following:
- Any false or misleading topics or email addresses are not acceptable.
- Define messages as reasonable advertisements.
- Include the physical address of our company or headquarters.
- Monitor compliance with third-party email marketing services, if used.
- Fast redemption of cancellation / cancel subscription requests.
- Allow users to unsubscribe using the link below each email.
If you wish to cancel your subscription in the future, please send an email to
- Follow the instructions at the end of each email.
We will remove them from all communications at once.
75 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005